- 1) What If I Want to Throw a Birthday Party for Myself?
- 2) Things You Need To Do When Throwing Yourself A Birthday Party
- 3) What Items Are Needed for a Birthday Party?
- 4) Birthday Self-Care Tips
I’m an introvert and don’t go outside much like my friends. When my birthday came, I was grateful that my family remembered and helped me celebrate. However, there were years when my birthday went unnoticed. So I decided to take matters into my own hands.
We all love birthday parties until it’s our turn to celebrate another year of life. The pressure to make our birthdays perfect can be intense. And sometimes we focus more on ensuring everyone else is happy than ourselves. But what if we took the time to celebrate OURSELVES for once?
What If I Want to Throw a Birthday Party for Myself?
For some it may feel weird that the birthday party is all about you, but that’s the point. It should be a day (or night) when you get to do what YOU want. Whether that means eating your favorite foods, going out on adventures, or staying in and relaxing, it’s your day to do whatever makes you happy.
A birthday is always worth celebrating whether you’re turning 50 or 100. Thanks to the Covid-19 pandemic I got the chance to celebrate my birthday in a very special way last year. I threw a birthday party for myself and it was fantastic. This guide will teach you how to throw an amazing birthday party you’ll never forget. Now let’s dive in.
Related: Things To Do on Your Birthday Alone
Things You Need To Do When Throwing Yourself A Birthday Party
It does not matter how small or big the party is. What matters is how you make it special for yourself. Now there are certain things you need to do when throwing a birthday party for yourself. Here are those things:
Create Guest List
When throwing a birthday party, the most important thing is to create a guest list. This may seem like a no-brainer, but getting the right people on your guest list is important.
The people you invite will make or break your party. You are doing everything for yourself so invite guests that do not mind helping you. Now they can be your friends, family, or even strangers. But make sure they are people you want to be around on your birthday.
Pick A Theme
I grew up watching Marvel movies. Don’t laugh but my birthday party theme was an iron man. Because I’m obsessed with him. If you don’t have a specific theme, that’s okay too. You can choose a general theme like a pool party, beach party, or sleepover party. It’s all up to you. This is your day and you know better than others what makes you happy. So, go ahead and pick a theme that you love.
Book Party Venue
I did my birthday at my house because it was enough for me and the guests I invited. But you can go outside and throw a party at a park, club, or even your friend’s house. It all depends on your budget and the number of guests you have invited. If you want to keep it small and intimate, choose a venue close to your house. This will make things easier for you and your guests.
Birthday Party Invitations
Now that you have picked your venue and guest list, it’s time to send invitations. You can either do this digitally or by hand. But on my birthday I created the invitation card from Canva and sent it to my friends’ Whatsapp group. So, it’s really up to you how you want to do it. Make sure you send the invitations a few weeks before the party so your guests can save the date.
Keep your menu as simple as possible. Let me tell you why. On my birthday I wanted to eat my favorite food which is pizza. But I also wanted a healthy meal because I was watching my weight. So, I ordered one large pizza and some salads from my favorite restaurant. This way I got to eat what I wanted and stay on track with my diet. So, when planning the menu just keep your own preferences in mind.
Decorate The Place
No birthday party is complete without decorations. You can either go all out and transform your whole house into a party zone or keep it simple with some streamers and balloons. I went with the latter because I didn’t want to spend too much on decorations. But if you have the budget then go ahead and go all out. Just make sure the decorations reflect your personality and taste.
Prepare The Music
Music is an essential part of any birthday party. It sets the mood and gets people in the celebratory spirit. So, prepare a playlist of your favorite songs before the party. You can either create one yourself or ask your guests to contribute. Just make sure the music is upbeat and gets everyone on their feet.
Organize Party Games
Games are a great way to keep your guests entertained. And if you’re having a small party then they are a necessity. But don’t worry, you don’t have to spend hours planning complex games. Just prepare some simple ones like charades or truth or dare. Or you can even play some party classics like musical chairs or Twister.
The most important thing to do on your birthday is to have fun. So, don’t stress about things not going according to plan. Just let loose and enjoy yourself. After all, it’s your day and you deserve it. Because life is too short to worry about the little things.
What Items Are Needed for a Birthday Party?
Celebrating your birthday is the second part but first, you must arrange for a few things without which your birthday party is incomplete. Here’s a list of items you’ll need for the perfect birthday bash.
- Balloons: No birthday party is complete without balloons. They add color and life to any celebration. Make sure you have plenty of them in different sizes and colors.
- Cake: A birthday cake is a must-have for any birthday party. It’s a tradition that has been around for centuries and it’s not going anywhere. Order your cake in advance so you don’t have to stress about it on the day of the party.
- Candles: You can’t have a birthday cake without candles. They are an essential part of the birthday tradition. And don’t forget to make a wish when you blow them out.
- Food and Drinks: Plan your menu and stock up on your favorite snacks and beverages. Keep it as simple as possible.
- Decorations: Decorations are a must-have for any birthday party. They transform any space into a festive celebration zone. Make sure you pick some streamers, balloons, and other decorations that reflect your personality.
- Tables and Chairs: If you are hosting a birthday in your home, you know that your furniture might not be enough. Chairs and tables are a must-have for any birthday party. You can rent or borrow some from your friends or family.
Birthday Self-Care Tips
- Get a Massage: A massage is a great way to relax and pamper yourself on your birthday.
- Get Your Hair Done: Another great way to pamper yourself on your birthday is to get your hair done. You can get a new haircut or color.
- Get a Manicure/Pedicure: A manicure or pedicure is the perfect way to pamper yourself on your birthday.
- Go Shopping: If you’re looking for a birthday self-care activity that will make you feel good then go shopping. But don’t spend too much money. Just buy yourself a few new items you’ll love and make yourself feel good.
- Take a Yoga Class: Yoga is a great way to relax and de-stress on your birthday. So, sign up for a yoga class.
- Get a Facial: A facial is another great way to pamper yourself on your birthday. Head to your local salon or spa and treat yourself to a facial.
Related: Pre Birthday Celebration
Wrapping It Up: Conclusion
You have plenty of options available to you if you’re when it comes to Throwing a Party for Yourself. Just make sure to consider everything before finishing the birthday plan. I hope this article helps you and if you have more suggestions, I would love to hear them.
It’s totally fine to throw your own birthday party as an adult because it can be a fun way to celebrate another year of life. Plus, it’s a great opportunity to get together with friends and family members you may not have seen in a while.