- 1) Things You Need To Consider Before Christmas Table Decorations
- 2) Use Natural Greenery To Decorate Christmas Table
- 3) DIY Christmas Table Centerpiece With Candles and Log
- 4) DIY Christmas Silverware Stockings
- 5) Use Napkin To Decorate Christmas Table
- 6) Snowman Table Settings
- 7) Miniature White Christmas
- 8) Cabin Lantern Centerpiece
- 9) White Wonderland Table Setting
- 10) Mason Jar Candles Christmas Table Setting
- 11) Use Christmas Runners
- 12) Use White String Lights And Ribbon
The holiday season is here, and it’s time to start decorating. Let’s be honest—we all want our homes to look like a winter wonderland, but sometimes the thought of Christmas table decorations can seem overwhelming.
There are plenty of simple and affordable ways to decorate your Christmas table. Warm up your home this Christmas with festive decorations to create a cozy atmosphere for the holidays.
From simple wreaths to elegant centerpieces, I have covered you with ideas for every style and budget to decorate your Christmas table. Get inspired by these beautiful table decorating ideas that will make your Christmas dinner extra special.
Related: Christmas Movies on Netflix
Things You Need To Consider Before Christmas Table Decorations
There are lots of Christmas table decorating ideas available but it depends on a few factors you should consider before you start.
- Venue: Most of the time your Christmas table decorations will be based on where you are hosting the dinner. If it’s inside, you might have more flexibility with the types of decorations that you can use. But if it’s outside, choose weather-proof items and materials.
- Budget: You don’t need to break the bank to have a beautiful Christmas table. Consider the budget you have to work with and find ways to use small items like candles, greenery, and ornaments that can elevate your decorations on a budget.
- Christmas Theme: Decide on a theme for your dinner party before you start shopping for decorations. A theme will help create cohesive decorations throughout your table.
- Table Linens: What type of table linens will you be using? Is it a formal or informal occasion? The type of table linens you choose can play a big part in creating the atmosphere and vision for your Christmas dinner.
- Guest: Inviting everyone is a good idea, but while considering adding decorations, consider the number of guests to know what size table you need to accommodate them.
Now let’s look at some ideas for making your Christmas table decorations.
Use Natural Greenery To Decorate Christmas Table
If you’re looking for something different this year, why not use natural greenery to create unique centerpieces and decorations? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Use a variety of evergreens, such as pine, conifer clippings, spruce and holly, to create a festive wreath or garland.
- Fill glass vases or jars with evergreen sprigs, berries and pinecones for simple but stylish table decorations.
- Make place cards by tying sprigs of greenery to each individual’s cutlery.
- Hang mistletoe from the ceiling or doorways for a traditional Christmas decoration with a twist.
With creativity, you can use natural greenery to add a touch of Christmas magic to your home. As you can see in the above picture I have used conifer clippings and pine cones to create a low-cost and easy centerpiece. You can play with colors to make a unique centerpiece.
DIY Christmas Table Centerpiece With Candles and Log
This DIY Christmas table centerpiece is easy to make and Features candles and logs for a rustic touch. For starters, you’ll need some small logs. You can find these at your local craft store or backyard. Once you have your logs, it’s time to cut them into pieces. The size will depend on the size of your table, but you’ll want to ensure they’re all roughly the same length.
Once they’re cut, arrange them in the center of your table. If you’re using real candles, be sure to use battery-operated ones so there’s no fire risk. Place the candles in the center of the logs and light them. That’s it. You now have a beautiful, festive centerpiece that will add holiday cheer to your home.
DIY Christmas Silverware Stockings
I hope I don’t need to explain why this one is genius. You’ll need some small stockings (these can be found at your local craft store or online) and a bit of ribbon. Put the silverware in each stocking, tie it with the ribbon and voilà – you have Christmas table decorations that will bring a smile to everyone’s faces.
Use Napkin To Decorate Christmas Table
When decorating your Christmas table, napkins can be a handy tool. All sorts of napkin folding ideas can add a touch of class to your table setting. Napkins are also a great way to add color to your table. red and green napkins are always a festive choice for Christmas, but you can also experiment with other colors.
It’s not easy to fold napkins, but with little practice, it will look perfect. But if you are not in the mood, you can explore Amazon for some ready to use folding napkin products.
Snowman Table Settings
It is one of the easier and funny Christmas table decorating idea that is perfect for kids. It can be done by using a white tablecloth as the base. Then, use two plates to create the body of the snowman. The top plate should be smaller than the bottom. For the head, use a bowl or cup turned upside down.
Add eyes, a nose, and a mouth with cherry or chocolate candy. Finally, use celery sticks for the arms and place a carrot in the center of the plates for the nose. This simple setting will surely bring a smile to your guests’ faces.
Miniature White Christmas
The magic of the wonderland can be brought to your home with a miniature white Christmas for table decoration. It will provide you with a beautiful and unique display that will last throughout the holiday season.
You can find these miniatures at most craft stores or online retailers. They are relatively inexpensive. The best part about this Christmas decoration is that all ages can enjoy it. So, consider a miniature white Christmas for table decoration if you want something different this year.
Cabin Lantern Centerpiece
Lanterns are perfect for decoration. The thing I love about lanterns is that they can be used indoors and outdoors. You don’t have to find a spot for them in the yard if you don’t want to. A wood lantern centerpiece is a great way to decorate your Christmas table and add a warm, inviting atmosphere.
You can even create one in glasses with lights and Christmas decorations. Place the lanterns in the center of your table and use battery-operated fairy lights to create an inviting atmosphere.
White Wonderland Table Setting
December is all about White. It is the color of peace. What better way to reflect the Winter Wonderland outside than having a White table setting? White plates, cups, candles, chairs, light and utensils can be easily and inexpensively at most stores this time of year.
Moreover, adding a few White decorations to your table will give it that extra touch of winter magic. Even a simple White tablecloth can make a big difference.
Mason Jar Candles Christmas Table Setting
I don’t know about you, but I always love finding unique ways to spruce up my Christmas table setting. This year, I have decided to try making Mason jar candles. Candles are a classic Christmas decoration, and I love how they make any room feel warm and cozy. Plus, they’re really easy to make.
I simply took some old Mason jars and filled them with paraffin wax. Then, I added some Christmas-themed essential oils for fragrance. To finish them off, I tied a ribbon around the jars and placed them on my dinner table.
They looked beautiful and smelled amazing. Best of all, they were very inexpensive to make. If you’re looking for a creative way to add holiday cheer to your home, I highly recommend trying Mason jar candles.
Use Christmas Runners
I get it, everyone does not like a full white tablecloth for Christmas. If you don’t want to cover the entire table with white, consider using a runner instead. Runners come in all colors and materials, so you can find one that suits your home’s decor.
It’s Christmas so you can go with red and white as seen in the picture. When choosing a runner, ensure it’s long enough to cover the center of your table and wide enough to hang off the sides.
Use White String Lights And Ribbon
White string lights always look magical draped across a Christmas table. They can be used in many ways to create different looks.
- One way is to start with a long strand of lights. Drape the lights from one end of the table to the other. Crisscross the lights in the middle of the table.
- Another way is to drape the second strand of light around the table’s perimeter. You can also place ribbons on the table and make bows with the ribbon. Place the bows around the candles or use them as centerpiece decorations.
- You can also hang small sprigs of holly or greenery from the string lights.
Whatever combination you choose, string lights and ribbon are always a beautiful addition to Christmas table settings.
Related: Festive January Party Themes
It’s Time To Decorate Your Table
Decorating your Christmas table doesn’t have to be complicated – all it takes is planning. No matter how you decorate it, there is no better way to turn an ordinary dining room into something magical than by adorning it with festive Christmas table decorations.
From simple evergreen garlands draped across the center of the table to sparkling candles and charming conversation pieces – there are countless ways you can inject some holiday cheer into your home this season. So get creative and let your imagination run wild.