- 1) Clean Your Pool First Though
- 2) Halloween Themed Pool Party Ideas
- 3) Halloween Pool Party Decorations
- 4) Halloween Pool Party Games
- 5) 20 Halloween Pool Party Music
- 6) Halloween Pool Party Food and Beverages
- 7) Halloween Pool Party Costume Ideas
Halloween is on Monday, October 31, 2023 in the United States. It is just around the corner, so it’s time to start thinking about halloween themed pool party. No matter what your age is, Halloween is the perfect time to let loose and have some fun. And what better way to do that than throwing a Halloween pool party?
Haunted houses were so last year. This year, make a splash with these ghoulishly good ideas. Whether you’re looking for ideas on how to decorate, what food to serve, or what games to play, Oh and how can we forget the Halloween music playlist? I have got you covered. Read on for my top tips on how to make your Halloween pool party one to remember.
Related: Fun Swimming Pool Games for Adults
Clean Your Pool First Though
Before throwing a halloween themed pool party, you will want to ensure that your pool is clean. You don’t want your guests swimming in a pool of leaves and dirt. A clean pool will also make it easier to see any potential decorations.
Halloween Themed Pool Party Ideas
Now it’s time to start planning the party. A Halloween pool party can be as simple or elaborate as you want. Following are a few creative ways that you can use to turn your pool into a Halloween haven.
It is something unique that will take your Halloween pool party to the next level. You can purchase special Halloween pool projectors that transform your pool into a spooky graveyard or a creepy haunted house. These projectors will impress everyone and give them something to talk about long after the party.
The projectors will show different scenes in pool water depending on which one you choose. So, if you want a graveyard scene, purchase a projector showing a graveyard scene. It’s that easy.
Floating Pumpkins in Pool
I’m not talking about heavy and real pumpkins that will sink to the bottom of your pool. Try plastic pumpkins that are small, lightweight and easy to use with some glow sticks.
Add a battery-operated candle to each pumpkin and let them float around your pool. This is an easy and inexpensive way to add Halloween flair to your pool party. It looks really cool on the spooky night too.
Lights in Pool
Another way to decorate your pool for is by adding spooky pool lights. You can purchase special Halloween-themed lights or simply use regular Christmas lights. String the lights around the perimeter of your pool or put them in mason jars and float them in the pool. Either way, the effect is sure to be spooky and spectacular.
Another way to decorate your pool for Halloween is by adding inflatables. You can find all sorts of inflatables designed specifically for Halloween. There are pumpkins, ghosts, witches, and more. Simply inflate them and let them float around your pool. This is a great way to add fun and excitement to your party without breaking the bank. Also, most inflatables are battery-operated so you don’t have to worry about cords running across your pool area.
Plastic skeletons are a Halloween staple. You can use them to decorate the outside of your pool or put them in the pool itself. If you put them in the pool, ensure they are weighted so they don’t float to the surface. You can dress the skeletons up in swimsuits or float them around the pool with their arms and legs outstretched.
Red Blood Bath
Making your pool red with food coloring is an easy and inexpensive way to turn your pool into a Halloween bloodbath. This is a great way to set the scene for a horror movie marathon or a game of truth or dare.
I’m sure this idea will take your guests by surprise. And the blood red swimming pool is definitely a conversation starter.
This is an easy and inexpensive way to decorate your pool for Halloween. All you need are white trash bags, a black Sharpie, and some fishing line. Cut the trash bags into ghost shapes and then use the Sharpie to draw faces on them. Attach some fishing lines to the ghosts and let them float around your pool. This is a great way to add spooky decorations without breaking the bank.
Adding a fog machine to your pool party is a great way to create foggy atmosphere. The fog will add an element of suspense and mystery to your party. And your friends are sure to be impressed. Keep the fog machine away from the pool so it doesn’t get wet.
Halloween Pool Party Decorations
You might be thinking about what else you can do to make your pool party more festive. Well, there are plenty of ways to do that. Now let’s look at some Halloween pool party decoration ideas.
Glowing Jack O Lanterns
Hanging lanterns around your pool is a great way to add some atmosphere to your party. You can purchase Halloween-themed lanterns or simply use traditional lanterns and add some Halloween flair with ribbons, streamers, and other decorations.
Halloween yard signs are a great way to let guests know where the party is. You can find Halloween-themed yard signs at your local party store. Or you can get creative and make your own. Either way, these signs are sure to get your guests in the Halloween spirit.
It’s easy to turn your pool into a spider-infested nightmare with some Halloween lights. You can purchase special spider lights or simply use regular Christmas lights. String the lights around the perimeter of your pool or put them in mason jars and float them in the pool.
Scary Glowing Hands
When it comes to Halloween decorations, it doesn’t get much more festive than this. All you need are some white gloves and a black Sharpie. Draw spooky faces on the gloves and then put them in the pool. The effect is sure to be spooky and festive. And your guests are sure to get a good laugh out of it. Because let’s face it, who doesn’t love a good pun?
Install Halloween Themed Outdoor Lighting
Usually, the Halloween party is at night, so installing some Halloween-themed outdoor lighting is a great idea. This will help set the mood and create a spooky and festive atmosphere. The flickering fire effect the lights create is sure to add an element of suspense and mystery to your party.
Halloween Pool Party Games
Every party is about having fun and celebrating. So, of course, you’ll want to have some games at your Halloween pool party. Here are a few fun Halloween party games that your friends will surely enjoy.
Dive for Your Pumpkins
Get a dozen pumpkins and float them in the pool. Then have your guests dive in and retrieve them. The person who retrieves the most pumpkins wins a prize. Or you can get kids involved and have them race to see who can retrieve the most pumpkins in a certain amount of time.
What party would be complete without a piñata? Fill a Halloween-themed piñata with candy and let your guests take turns trying to break it open. The person who breaks it open gets to keep the candy. Just be sure to have a few backup piñatas on hand if the first one breaks before everyone has a turn.
This is a really fun and festive activity that is sure to get your guests excited. Fill a Halloween-themed balloon with candy or small prizes and let it float around the pool. When the music stops, whoever holds the balloon gets to keep the prize. This is sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike.
Now, you have to choose halloween colored eggs and hide them around the party area. Be sure to have a prize for the person who finds the most eggs. And don’t forget to have a few backup prizes on hand if someone doesn’t find any eggs.
Halloween Scavenger Hunt
This is a great activity for kids and adults alike. Hide Halloween-themed items around the party area and give your guests a list of items to find. With that make it more fun by adding a time limit. Whoever finds the most items in the allotted time wins a prize.
So there you have it. These are just a few fun and festive activities that you can do to make your Halloween pool party one to remember. Just be sure to have fun and enjoy yourself. After all, that’s what Halloween is all about.
20 Halloween Pool Party Music
A party without music is like a pumpkin without a stem. So, of course, you’ll want to make sure you have some great Halloween tunes to get your guests in the mood. Here are the best Halloween pool party songs to get everyone in the Halloween spirit.
- Warren Zevon – Werewolves of London
- Awolnation – Sail
- Bobby “Boris” Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers – Monster Mash
- Stevie Wonder – Superstition
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show – Time Warp
- The B-52’s – Rock Lobster
- Michael Jackson – Thriller
- Pink Floyd – Careful with that axe, Eugene
- Beatles – Helter Skelter
- Rob Zombie – Dragula
- Marilyn Manson – This is Halloween
- Bauhaus – Bela Lugosi’s Dead
- Ministry – Every Day is Halloween
- Siouxsie & The Banshees – Halloween
- David Bowie – Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)
- The Cure – Fascination Street
- Eurythmics – Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
- Alice Cooper – Feed My Frankenstein
- KISS – God of Thunder
- Ozzy Osbourne – Bark at the Moon
Halloween Pool Party Food and Beverages
You cannot come from Halloween party without having some festive foods and drinks. Trick or Treat. You have to arrange for some spooky and delicious foods that your guests are sure to enjoy. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Finger Hot Dogs: Think you are eating a hot dog and finger popups, Gory. But your kids and guests will love it.
- Mummy Dogs: Take some hot dogs and cut them into thin strips. Then wrap them in pre-made croissant dough. Bake them according to the package directions; voila, you have some mummy dogs.
- Bat Wings: These are chicken wings that have been coated in blackening seasoning and then grilled. So easy and so delicious.
- Bloody Eyeballs: This is a really easy and festive treat that will surely be a hit with your guests. Simply take some hard-boiled eggs and cut them in half. Remove the yolk and replace it with a small piece of red pepper. Then put them back together and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Witches’ Fingers: These are just green beans that have been blanched and cut into finger-like shapes. Easy and delicious.
- Pumpkin Punch: This is a really easy and tasty punch that is perfect for any Halloween party. Simply combine equal parts orange juice, pineapple juice, and lemon-lime soda. Then add a few drops of green food coloring and, voila, have some pumpkin punch.
- Popcorn Treats: I love popcorn, so I included it on this list. You can make some caramel popcorn or go the savory route and make some cheesy popcorn.
- Pumpkin Cooler: For drinks, why not create a pumpkin cooler. Simply combine equal parts orange juice, lemonade, and Sprite. Then add a few drops of green food coloring, and you have a delicious and refreshing pumpkin cooler.
- Witches’ Brew: Another great drink option for your Halloween party is witches’ brew. Simply combine equal parts cranberry juice, orange juice, and 7-Up. Then add a few drops of green food coloring and voila, you have a delicious and festive witches’ brew.
- Eyeball Martini: This is a fun and festive drink that will surely be a hit with your guests. Simply place some blueberries in the bottom of a martini glass. Then pour in your favorite vodka, and you have an eyeball martini.
Halloween Pool Party Costume Ideas
Aha, finally we get to the best part, the costumes. Whether you decorate your pool area, costumes are a must for any Halloween party. Here are a few ideas that you can use to get your guests in the Halloween spirit.
- Witch: This is always a classic and easy costume to put together. Simply find a black dress, add a black hat and some witchy accessories, and you have a witch costume.
- Cat: Another easy and popular costume is the cat. Simply find a black shirt and pants, add some cat ears and a tail and voila, and you have a cat costume.
- Ghost: This is a really easy and popular costume. Simply find a white sheet, cut two holes for your eyes and voila, you have yourself a ghost costume.
- Zombie: This is a great costume for those who want to be a little more creative. Simply find some old clothes, rip them up, and add some fake blood; you have a zombie costume.
- Pumpkin: This is a really easy and popular costume. Simply find an orange shirt and pants, cut a hole for your head and voila, you have yourself a pumpkin costume.
Related: Creative Costumes Starting with T
Let’s Begin The Halloween Party of 2023
With everything going on in the world, I think we could all use a little bit of fun and excitement. So let’s begin planning the best Halloween theme party of 2023. It will be a party that your guests will never forget. So you have it, my guide to throwing the party ever with halloween pool party ideas.
I hope you found this guide helpful and that you have a blast at your party. If you have more ideas, please share them in the comments below. I would love to hear from you. Happy Halloween.
To make your pool scary for Halloween, you can add halloween inflatables like pumpkins, ghosts, witches, fake spiders, and red water. You can also buy a fog machine to create a spooky atmosphere. You can also put up some tombstones to set the mood.
Yes, Dry ice is one fantastic way to create an eerie special effect in your halloween pool. When dissolved in water, dry ice forms carbonic acid which lowers the pH of the water and creates a foggy appearance. Dry ice will last around 2 to 3 hours in a pool easily.
You can make dry ice last longer on Halloween by storing it in a styrofoam or an insulated cooler. This will help to keep it cold and prevent it from melting too quickly.