- 1) Advanced Planning Checklist For Perfect Beach Party
- 2) Throw The Best Beach Party
- 3) Do’s and Don’ts When Throwing a Beach Party
If you’re considering throwing a beach party this summer, you’ve come to the right place. From invitations to theme, location, food and drink, I have got you covered.
Summer is the perfect time for a beach party. Whether you’re hosting a small gathering of friends or a big bash, there’s nothing like spending a day or night celebrating by the water.
But before you can start sipping cocktails and dancing in the sand, there are a few things you’ll need to do to get your party started on the right foot.
So are you ready to throw an epic beach party? With the right preparation, your party will be one for the books. To help you out, I have put together a guide on how to throw a beach party.
Follow every step to see how to throw a beach party that will make everyone happy.
Advanced Planning Checklist For Perfect Beach Party
Before you start sending out invitations, there are a few things you need to take care of first. By getting the following things sorted in advance, you’ll be able to relax and enjoy your beach party on the day without having to worry about any last-minute hiccups.
- Pick a date and time for your party
- Choose the best Venue
- Send Invitations
- Choose Theme
- Beach-Friendly Decor (Decoration)
- Simple Foods (It’s Good)
- Safety First (Very Important)
- Entertainment (Obviously party is all about fun)
Throw The Best Beach Party
Now it’s time to start planning your beach party. With the following tips, you’ll be able to throw a party that everyone will remember for years to come.
Choose A Date And Time
The first step in creating an epic beach party is to pick a date and time. While the summer months are obvious choices, remember that weekends will be the busiest time at the beach.
If you want to avoid crowds, consider having your party during the week. But most of the time, weekends are the best time to throw a party since most people are off from work and school.
When picking a time, I recommend starting your party in the early afternoon. This way, you’ll have plenty of time to set up and get things ready before your guests arrive. And if your party goes late into the night, you can always extend it to the next day.
Choose The Best Venue
The next step is to choose the best venue for your beach party. And when it comes to beach parties, there’s no shortage of amazing places to host your event. But before you pick a location, there are a few things you need to consider.
- First, think about the size of your party. If you’re expecting a large crowd, you’ll need to find a venue accommodating everyone. But if you’re only inviting a few close friends, you can get away with a smaller location.
- Second, consider the type of party you’re throwing. If it’s a casual gathering, you might want to find a spot on the beach that’s more relaxed. But if you’re throwing an upscale soiree, you’ll need to find a venue that reflects your style.
When it comes to the venue’s location, always find a place that has a good view and is not near your house. Want to know why? Because this way you can also enjoy a long drive with your friends before or after the party and make some good memories.
Once you have sorted a date, time and venue, it’s time to start sending out invitations. And when it comes to beach parties, the invitation is key. Not only does it set the tone for your party, but it also helps your guests know what to expect.
You can use websites like Canva and Freepik to find party invitation templates. Once you’ve found the perfect invitation, all you need to do is add your event details, download it and send it out to your guests.
Choose A Theme
Choosing a theme for your beach party is a great way to add a personal touch and make your event unique. And when it comes to themes, the sky’s the limit.
You can go with a classic beach party theme or get creative and create something unique. A Hawaiian luau party is always a popular choice for beach parties, but other themes are also available. Some of my favorite beach party themes include:
- Tropical Paradise: This theme is perfect for a summer beach party. Think palm trees, coconuts and brightly colored flowers.
- Pirate’s Treasure: Arrrrr matey. This theme is perfect for kids and adults alike. Dress up as pirates and have a treasure hunt on the beach.
- Under The Sea: This theme is perfect for a pool or beach party. Decorate with fish, coral and other underwater creatures.
Or you can ask your friends what type of theme they would like and make it a beach party with the voting system.
Now that you have a date, time, venue and theme sorted, it’s time to start thinking about decor. And when it comes to the beach, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- First, the sun can be incredibly bright, so you’ll want to find decor that won’t fade in the sun.
- Second, sand can be very messy, so you’ll want to find decor that’s easy to clean up.
- And lastly, you’ll want to find decor that’s beach-friendly.
Some of my favorite beach party decorations include:
- Tiki Torches: Tiki torches are a must-have for any beach party. They provide light and create a relaxing ambiance.
- Beach Balls: Beach balls are a great way to add fun and color to your party. You can use them as decorations or have a game of beach volleyball.
- String lights: These are perfect for creating a festive atmosphere. Hang them around the perimeter of your party area or in the trees.
- Beach Umbrellas: Umbrellas are a great way to provide shade and create a designated party area.
- Paper lanterns: These are a great alternative to string lights. They come in various colors and sizes and can be hung from trees or posts.
You can also use DIY ideas to make your party more attractive like Beach Mason Jars, Seashell Candles, Driftwood Garland, etc.
Food & Drinks
No beach party is complete without food and drinks. And when it comes to beach parties, the options are endless. You can go with classic beach party food like hot dogs and hamburgers. But I recommend you keep it as simple as possible because no one wants to spend hours cooking at a beach party.
- Grilled Seafood: Nothing says beach party like grilled seafood. Serve up shrimp, lobster or fish for a delicious and healthy option.
- Fruit Kabobs: Fruit kabobs are a great way to add color and flavor to your party. Simply thread pieces of fruit onto skewers and grill or bake them.
- S’mores: S’mores is a classic beach party treat. Roast marshmallows over a fire pit and enjoy them with graham crackers and chocolate.
- Coconut Cocktails: Coconut cocktails are the perfect summer drink. Made with rum, coconut water and pineapple juice, they’re sure to be a hit with your guests.
- BBQ: A night with friends isn’t complete without some good old-fashioned BBQ. So fire up the grill and enjoy some delicious food and drinks.
Games & Activities
Fun and games are a must for any beach party. From classic beach games like volleyball to creative activities, there’s something for everyone. Check out the article below to find the best activities for full entertainment.
Related: Fun Swimming Pool Activities
Music is the perfect way to set the mood for your party. Whether you’re looking for relaxing background music or upbeat party tunes, there’s a playlist. Following are some of the best beach party songs:
- Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves
- I Want You Back by The Jackson 5
- Toes — Zac Brown Band
- Kokomo by The Beach Boys
- Under the Boardwalk by The Drifters
- Good Vibrations by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch
- Beyond the Sea — Bobby Darin
- No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem — Kenny Chesney
- Summer Nights — Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta
- Rockaway Beach — Ramones
This should be the #1 priority when throwing a beach party. Make sure to take precautions and follow these safety tips:
- Provide plenty of sunscreen and water for your guests.
- Set up a designated area for your party. This will help to prevent any accidents.
- Make sure a lifeguard is on duty.
- Avoid serving alcohol to minors.
- Do not leave your food or drinks unattended.
- Be sure to clean up your party area when you’re finished. This will help to prevent any environmental damage.
Clean Up the Area After the Party Is Over
It’s a personal request that everyone should keep nature and the sea/ocean clean. So, after the party is over please clean up the area. Pick up all the trash, decorations and whatever else you brought. Leave the area cleaner than you found it.
Always Have a Backup Plan
You know that the weather on beaches can change anytime. So, it’s always good to have a backup plan. If the weather is not good or something else happens, you should have a Plan B. Otherwise, all your efforts will go in vain.
Do’s and Don’ts When Throwing a Beach Party
Celebrating your happiness at the beach with friends and family is always a great idea. But there are some things you should consider at the beach because it’s a bit different than throwing a party at home. Here are some Do’s and Don’ts for throwing the perfect beach party.
- Check in advance if you need any permits for that beach. Because some beaches don’t allow parties without a permit.
- Come in early to begin setup. It’s always good to have enough time to set everything up before the party starts.
- Clean the beach after the party. You don’t want to leave trash behind for others to clean up.
- Make sure to have enough food and drinks for everyone. No one wants to leave a party hungry.
- Follow all rules and regulations regarding pets on the beach, umbrellas, and canopy use.
- Stay hydrated and use sunscreen. The sun can be harsh, even on cloudy days.
- Don’t drink too much. It’s not a good idea to drink too much alcohol when you’re in the sun all day.
- Don’t play loud music. Not everyone wants to listen to your music. Be respectful of others.
- Some beaches do not allow glass. Use disposable plates and cups as an alternative.
- No smoking on the beach.
- No use of candles. They can easily be blown over by the wind.
- Don’t leave your trash behind. Take it with you when you go.
- Don’t leave your children from your sight. They can easily get lost in the crowd.
With these tips, you’re sure to have a beach party that’s safe and fun for everyone. Just remember to relax and have a good time.
Conclusion: Throw an Unforgettable Beach Party
Hosting a beach party is not easy but if you follow these tips, you’re sure to throw an unforgettable party that everyone will enjoy. There’s something for everyone, from the invitations to the music, food and activities. Just be sure to have a backup plan and clean up after the party in case of bad weather. Most importantly, relax and have fun.
Yes, you can have a party on a beach, but be sure to choose a large enough beach to accommodate all of your guests. Also, check the regulations in your area regarding beach parties, as some municipalities may have restrictions in place.
I suggest you bring a Fruit Salad, Ham & Cheese Sandwich, and Burger to a beach party. These are all easy-to-transport items that will satisfy everyone’s appetite.
A light-colored sundress is a perfect choice for a beach party. It’s simple and comfortable, and it will help you stay cool in the sun. Wear sunscreen if you’ll be outside any time, and bring a shawl or light jacket to keep warm if the sun goes down.