- 1) How To Throw a Mexican Themed Party?
- 2) Top Mexican Theme Party Ideas For Grown-Ups
Are you planning a Mexican-themed party for adults and looking for some incredible ideas? Whether you’re throwing a birthday bash, going all out for Cinco de Mayo, or just having friends over for tacos on Tuesday, I have got some sizzling ideas that will turn your gathering into an unforgettable fiesta.
From decorating tips to classic recipes, these saucy Mexican party ideas will help create an epic celebration. So prepare the margaritas and get ready to unleash your inner pinata buster. It’s time to spice up any occasion with wacky fun and festive flair.
Read on to find out unforgettable Mexican themed party ideas that will make your party a hit, including:
- Unforgettable Party Ideas
- Awesome Decorating Ideas
- Delicious Food & Drink
- Fun Activities To Do
- Songs Playlist and much more
How To Throw a Mexican Themed Party?
Before we get into details, there are a few things you need to keep in mind when throwing a Mexican-themed party.
- Venue: It’s a Mexican party so I would say an outdoor venue will be the best choice. This way you can embrace the Mexican spirit and atmosphere with a traditional party tent. If you’re throwing a big bash, pick a garden or beach to take advantage of the space.
- Budget: Taking into account your budget is important. You don’t want to spend too much, but if you’re on a tight budget there’s no need to worry. I have some awesome cheap ideas that will still make your fiesta look amazing.
- Entertainment: Mexican-themed parties are all about having fun. So think of some activities where everyone can get involved, like a piñata smashing contest or a Mexican trivia game.
That’s it for the basics. Now let’s get into some amazing Mexican themed party ideas that will give you a real fiesta feeling.
Top Mexican Theme Party Ideas For Grown-Ups
Having a Mexican themed party can be an exciting way to liven up any event. As an adult I know you need to be sure that the party won’t be too childish. So here are some of the top Mexican theme party ideas for your adults-only event.
Set Up A Tequila Bar
Most Mexican parties start with a tequila bar. A tequila bar at your next party is perfect for giving your event some added flare. The creative cocktail possibilities are endless, from classic margaritas and palomas to tequila-spiked sangria.
To ensure your guests can participate in the festivities, make sure you have a variety of classic and unique tequilas on hand. A blanco for traditional cocktails, an aged reposado for sipping neat or on the rocks, and even an anejo for enjoying straight out of the bottle.
You can also add flair to each drink by offering a selection of rimming salts and agave nectar flavors like jalapeño, lime and mango. And don’t forget to create stunning garnishes like lemon wheels or flaming limes to bring each drink to life before it’s served. Your tequila bar will be a big hit with just a few simple ingredients and drinks tailored to every taste.
Salsa Dancing Competition
For any Mexican party, the highlight has to be a salsa dance. The energy is unrivaled, with people clapping and cheering in the encouragement of the show unfolding before their eyes.
It doesn’t really matter if you’re a master dancer or have never set foot on the dance floor before. The important thing is that everyone is up, having fun and sharing something beautiful together.
A salsa dancing competition for your Mexican party will bring a range of emotions with every beat. Just divide your guests into teams, put on some spicy Latin beats and let the salsa battle begin.
Serve Mexican Tacos
Mexican tacos are a classic party favorite. They’re an easy way to please many people. You can customize them with different toppings and proteins for everyone’s tastes. Serve these delicious tacos at your next party. I guarantee it will be the talk of the town.
Who loves a soft tortilla topped with crunchy veggies, flavorful ground beef, and warm cheese? I know I do. Alternatively, offer vegetarian taco options. They can be just as tasty without the meat. Get creative with your toppings and fillings, like adding pineapple to your tacos or black beans and corn.
Hang A Piñata
Piñatas are a must-have if you want to liven up your party. Piñatas are a great way to inject energy and fun into any gathering. They have a rich heritage in Mexican celebrations. Piñatas provide an opportunity for people of all ages to enjoy, being both aesthetically pleasing and incredibly interactive.
When you hang up one of these often brightly colored fillings, the scene is immediately taken to another level, with everyone eager to break it open. Including this cheerful tradition in your next get-together would be ideal. Giving your guests some physical and emotional satisfaction as they scramble for the treats that await them.
Use Colorful Paper Flowers And Printables
If you want to add a bit of fun and whimsy to your next party, I suggest trying out colorful paper flowers and printables. Paper flowers are an inexpensive way to brighten up any space and it is surprisingly easy to make them. There are plenty of tutorials available on the internet that can guide you through the process.
To further enhance your decorations, you could use printables. This could come in colorful banners. They are fun to display and make the room look inviting. With these simple options, your party will be transformed into a unique celebration that everyone will talk about for weeks.
Try Some Mexican Games
Parties are for fun, right? And how better to do that than with some Mexican-themed games. Last year my friend hosted a Mexican themed birthday party and we had a blast. I can say that if you play the following games, your party will be a success.
- Loteria: A game consists of 54 cards featuring images of Mexican culture. Players match their cards to those drawn from a bag, and whoever has the most matches is declared the winner.
- Charades: This game consists of one person acting out a word or phrase without using any sounds or singing. The rest of the players must guess it correctly to move on to the next clue. It’s a great way to have some laughter and fun at your Mexican themed party.
- Balloon Pop: Guests try to pop as many balloons as possible in a set amount of time. The person with the most popped balloons wins a prize.
- Taco Eating Contest: A contest to see who can eat the most tacos in a set amount of time! The person with the most tacos eaten wins a prize.
- Burrito Rolling Contest: A contest to see who can roll the best burrito! Guests are given a set amount of time to roll their burritos, and the one with the best-looking burrito wins a prize.
- Piñata Whacking Contest: Similar to the piñata party game, but instead of trying to break open the piñata, guests compete to see who can hit it most often in a set amount of time. The person with the most hits wins a prize.
These games are best for all ages. And the best is you can combine them with other activities to create a unique and fun experience.
Songs For Mexican Party
Music helps set the mood. The perfect playlist for your Mexican themed party would include traditional and contemporary Mexican music. Some of my personal favorites are
- “La Bamba” by Ritchie Valens
- “Cielito Lindo”
- “El Jarabe Tapatío” also known as “Mexican Hat Dance”
- “La Cucaracha”
- “El Son de la Negra”
- “El Cuarto de Tula” by Los Tigres del Norte
- “Volver, Volver” by Vicente Fernández
- “Sabor a Mi” by Alvaro Carrillo
- “Estás Cantando” by Los Rieleros del Norte
- “La Macarena” by Los Del Rio
Mexican Party Outfits
Mexican parties are some of the most fun and vibrant celebrations. So you should dress to impress. Whether it’s a fiesta or a family gathering, getting dressed in traditional Mexican attire can help make your event even more festive. Let’s look at some of the most unique and stylish options.
Traditional Mexican party outfits for men would include the following items:
- Collared shirt
- Colorful Mexican serape
- Pair of dark trousers
- Sneakers or loafers
- Brightly colored Mexican sweater
Traditional Mexican party outfits for women would include the following items:
- Colorful dress or skirt
- A shawl
- Heels or boots
- Floral headband
- Statement jewelry
- A watch or neckless
It’s Party Time
Now all left for you is to gather your friends and family, put these ideas into action, and enjoy an unforgettable Mexican party that everyone will love. Don’t forget to take lots of pictures; you’ll want to remember this night for years to come.
By the way, check out my website if you need more party ideas and inspiration. You can find plenty of party ideas and advice there.
More Pary Ideas: